Foreign Minister Mohamad A. Alhakim Meets with Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Secretary General of the League of Arab States.
Arab and regional files:
- Iraq looks forward to the Secretary-General’s efforts to contribute to consolidate solidarity in the interest of joint Arab action.
- Iraq stresses the need to maintain peace and security, and to avoid regional tensions in order to contribute to security in the region.
- Iraq’s desire to continue the League’s work to strengthen economic cooperation among Arab countries, and concerted efforts to support development.
- Iraq’s position is with ending the Syrian crisis by adopting dialogue and a political solution that leads to stabilization.
- Syria’s return to its position in the League of Arab States.
- Iraq stresses the need to end the war in Yemen and to stop the suffering of the people.
- Providing assistance to reduce damage suffered daily.
- Iraq supports the efforts of a political solution and the elimination of terrorist organizations.